Android user? Mobile check deposit isn’t quite ready in Varo for Android. Worry not—we’re working on it now!
To check the status of your check deposit and when your money will be available, tap Move Money > Deposit a Check > History (top right), then tap the deposit you’re checking on.
Checks received before 6:00 p.m. ET Monday through Friday (excluding federal holidays) will be approved or rejected the same day. Checks received after 6 p.m. ET and on weekends and federal holidays, will be accepted or rejected the next business day.
For example, if a deposit is received at 4:00 p.m. ET on a Tuesday, it will be accepted or rejected the same day. If a deposit is received at 6:30 p.m. ET on a Friday, it will be accepted or rejected the following Monday. If that Monday is a holiday, it will be accepted or rejected the next day).
Check deposits from the U.S. Treasury will be available the business day after the check is accepted.
For all other checks, timing depends on how long the account has been open:
- If open 30 calendar days or more, the first $200 will be available on the business day after the deposit is accepted, and the remainder will be available on the second business day after.
- If open less than 30 calendar days, the first $200 will be available the business day after the deposit is approved, and the remainder will be available on the fifth business day after.
A longer delay may apply if:
- We believe a deposited check will not be paid.
- You have a history of returned checks
- Your Bank Account has had a negative balance any time in the last six (6) calendar months.
- Varo experiences an emergency, such as failure of communications or computer delays.
For full details, see the Varo Bank Account Agreement.