Android user? Account linking isn’t quite ready in Varo for Android. Worry not—we’re working on it now!
Account linking gives you a full view of your money, all in one place. That includes external accounts, credit cards and loans.
Here’s how to link an account in the Varo app:
- At the bottom of the screen on the Accounts page, tap Link an Account +.
- Select your external bank or search for it if you don’t see an icon.
- If you see options when you select your bank, pick the one with the web address where you would normally log in online.
- Enter your user ID and password and tap Submit. (You’ll need to enter your password twice to verify.) If you’re not in public, you can tap the eye on the right of the password field to see what you’re typing.
- Follow any prompts from your bank, like entering your phone number or email and using a one-time password to get set up.
- Be sure to continue responding to prompts from Varo until you see your external accounts and balances show up on the Accounts page. Then you’ll know you’re successfully linked.
If you’re having trouble:
- Double check you’re entering the correct user ID and password to log in to the site of the bank you’re linking to.
- Make sure your bank has the right contact info for where to send you one-time passwords.
You can also transfer money from the linked external bank account to your Varo Bank Account. To make it easy, we instantly verify accounts with some banks. Those linked bank accounts will show as Verified.
Other accounts require additional verification. They’ll show as Unverified.
Here’s how to verify your account in the Varo app:
- Tap Move Money > Transfer Money
- Tap From to select the Unverified external account, then enter the bank’s routing number and your account number and we’ll send two small deposits to the bank
- Check the Varo app in three business days to enter the deposit amounts